Date(s) - 05/04/2018
Miller and the Other Sinners
Doors Open 7 PM. Showtime 8:30 PM
Delivering groove and grit, David Michael Miller leads a talented group of musicians known as Miller and the Other Sinners. This band explodes with a full spectrum of southern soul that reaches diverse indy rock, blues, soul and southern rock fans alike. The release of 3 albums, “Poisons Sipped” (2014) featuring the Darick and Carlton Campbell of the Campbell Brothers (now honored in the Smithsonian) and “Same Soil” (2015), and “3 Nights at the Strand” (2017) David’s music has received international attention and radio play.
Rising through the roots music scene, Miller’s Sinners are packed with talent including Jay Moynihan (9 year veteran saxman for Buddy Guy) and Carlton Campbell, of the sacred steel masters, the Campbell Brothers, who has also recently rejoined the Sinners and will be occasionally touring with the band in 2017. Miller and the Other Sinners are no strangers to festivals and large concert venues boasting a strong resume including Telluride and various Roots and Blues festivals in the US and Canada. David also does solo acoustic and duo performances with Jay.
Vintage Guitar Magazine January 2016 says:
“This makes it two in a row for David Michael Miller. His Poisons Sipped was one of last year’s surprise albums, introducing us to a songwriter, guitarist, and singer who is the whole package. Same Soil builds on that with its clear understanding of the blues, soul, and everything in between. Throughout it all, Miller’s guitar play-ing is more than solid, supplying the mojo for most of the songs. His deep growl is fiercely soulful and he soars into upper registers, calling to mind the late Chris Whitley at his finest. While working in what could loosely be called the blues, Miller covers a lot of ground. “All The Blues To You” is swampy funk. “Just Ride” shows off his patience in letting the groove control things. He and his band’s willingness to let the song grow, along with the incredible use of dynam-ics, is one of many aspects that make his music some of the best out there today. Miller handles all the guitar parts perfectly. Whether swinging slide work or on-the-money rhythm, it all fits. – John Heidt”
• Two Top 50 albums on the Roots Music Report Blues Charts in the last 2 years for band leader David Michael Miller
• 2015’s album release, Same Soil, reached #3 on the RMR Report with two Top 50 Singles
• Vintage Guitar Magazine featured Same Soil January 2016 issue (attached below)
• 2015 – 2017 Miller and The Other Sinner touring year saw over 450 shows, 100,000 miles and 19 states/2 countries
• David Michael Miller was given the prestigious 2015 “Artist of The Year” by the Arts Services Institute of Western New York
• Best Blues Male Vocalist by Night Life Magazine (2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016)
• Shared the stage with artists such as Gary Clark, Jr., Jonny Lang, The Steve Miller Band, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Shemekia Copeland, James Cotton, the late Bobby Blue Bland, Devon Allman, Selwyn Birchwood, Jarekus Singleton, Lowest of the Low, Tab Benoit, Tommy Castro and many more.
• 2016 Telluride Blues and Brews Festival backing band on the Blues stage
• 2016/2017 Musikfest Artist in Bethleham, PA, the largest free music festival in the US
• 2018 Pittsburgh Blues Festival, 2017/2018 Fairport Music Festival, 2016/2017 Corn Hill Arts Festival
• Actively booking in 2018 festivals and events including Canalbank Shuffle in Canada and numerous US Blues, Roots and Jazz festivals